Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts

This recipe sort of came to me one day after my husband and I discovered we love goat cheese and bought the biggest goat cheese log at our local wholesale store.  So, I wanted to use up the goat cheese before it spoils.   I also had a lot of chicken breasts in the freezer and I needed something new to try. This recipe can be modified depending on your tastes or whatever you have in the fridge and pantry.

This recipe scored 4 stars.

You will need:
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
plain bread crumbs
italian seasoning
dried parsley
garlic powder
salt and pepper
herbed or plain goat cheese
olive oil
toothpicks or wooden skewers


1.  Pound out the chicken breasts using a mallet until they are about 1/4 inch thick or thinner.  I like to pound my chicken in a ziplock bag or between two pieces of parchment paper.
Step #3
2. In a small bowl, measure out about 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs.  This is where you can get creative with the spices.  I added dried parsley ( about a tablespoon or two), some garlic powder (1-2 tsp) and salt and pepper.  You could also add fresh crushed garlic.

3.  Lay out the chicken breasts and spread or crumble some goat cheese.  Roll the chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks or wooden skewers.  Lay in a greased baking down seam side down.



Step #4
4.  Sprinkle some olive oil and bread crumbs on top of the chicken breasts.
5.  Bake for 20 minutes at 375F or until brown.
6.  Pair this with rice, noodles or a salad and a vegetable.









I served this with a very Dutch recipe called "Boora Kole".  I am not sure of the spelling but it is a typical fall side dish my mother makes.  I will attach the recipe soon.  Boora Kole is made of mashed potatoes and kale with some seasonings.

You could also add sun dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, olives, asparagus or spinach to the goat cheese filling.  Get creative and let me know what you try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment